Senior Content Writer
Content 10x is a digital agency specializing in content repurposing. We work with businesses, brands and entrepreneurs from around the world, repurposing their unique online content into different formats helping them to reach new audiences and grow. We’re innovative and fast-growing, and we’re offering an exciting opportunity for the right person.
We are looking for a Senior Content Writer to join the team. The post-holder will be responsible for content writing – both internal and client – whilst managing and overseeing the work of a small team of writers. The role is full-time (40 hours per week) and home-based. Our notional HQ is Manchester, UK, but our team are spread across multiple locations, working remotely using Zoom, Slack, and Trello to collaborate. This role is based in the UK.
We are a hard-working, fun, lively team who are genuinely passionate about our jobs. The Senior Content Writer position is a new role, due to our growth, and will play a critical role in our ongoing future success. We’re looking for someone who wants to develop a long-term career with us and believe the role offers excellent scope for professional growth and career advancement.
The role of the Senior Content Writer is to ensure all writing at Content 10x is of the highest quality.
As part of our service to our clients, we write both long and short-form copy across various digital media platforms. This includes writing blog posts, articles, podcast show notes, YouTube descriptions, email, engaging social media copy…etc.
You should be comfortable coaching/reviewing the work of junior writers and thrive as part of a small tight-knit team. You’ll be highly motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude, and an energetic personality.
This role is for someone who is passionate about writing, and fueled by delivering exceptional copy. Preferably, we’re looking for someone who has experience working as a writer for an agency, and is used to fast-pace, multi-tasking, multiple clients, and set turnaround times.
- Writing copy for Content 10x, including our blog posts, social media copy, emails, website copy, print
- Managing a small team of writers – providing coaching and guidance, setting and monitoring priorities, sub-editing and proofreading their work
- Liaise and collaborate with our creative and content management teams. Strong communications skills are essential
- Own and continuously improve our end-to-end writing processes
YOUR SUPER POWERS
- Exceptional writing skills, including experience producing web content (blogs, all social media platforms, YouTube…etc)
- Understand the best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Keen eye for detail and able to proofread/edit the work of others
- Has a tight grasp of the nuances that can make content/copy land or fall flat
- Team leadership skills – able to prioritise work of others, provide constructive feedback, develop and motivate a team
- Genuine interest in continuously developing as a writer - you will be passionate about writing and care about producing perfect prose
- Genuine interest in content marketing and social media
- Outstanding time management skills; able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience or strong desire to work independently in a virtual team
- Takes direction constructively
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table – we strive to constantly innovate/improve and we want to work with people who share our passion
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING TOOLS (NOT ESSENTIAL, BUT A PLUS!):
- Minimum 6 year’s proven work experience as a copywriter or content writer – must include B2B writing
- Proven experience in writing for social media
- Firm understanding of SEO
- A degree in an appropriate subject – this would be ideal but not essential
- A’ level / GCSE English Language at grade A or above
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Position is full-time (40 hrs/week), working Monday – Friday 9am- 6pm (with some flexibility).
Home-based with occasional travel for team meet-ups (when this is possible again!).
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN THE UK.
Reference checks will be conducted for successful candidates.