Business Development Manager
To accelerate our growth we’re looking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager who has a strong service sales background. We have ambitious plans to scale and expand our client portfolio in the tech and professional services sectors and are looking for someone with the drive and energy that matches our ambitions.
The role is full-time and you’ll work remotely – no commute required! Our notional HQ is Manchester, UK, but our team are spread across multiple locations. We work using Zoom, Slack, and ClickUp to collaborate, and have in-person meet-ups from time-to-time.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting directly into the CEO and founder, this is a multi-faceted position that calls for a flexible, methodical and hard-working individual.
You’ll relish the challenge of finding new prospects and of growing a business, hence the role requires someone with demonstrable expertise working in business development in an agency or service-led business.
You should also be a proactive team-player, highly self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ and energetic personality.
Some leads will be generated from our marketing activity and early-stage opportunities from the CEO, but the successful candidate will also be required to seek out new business opportunities. In addition, the person will be responsible for identifying and owning strategic partnerships, for example finding other agencies without a repurposing service that wish to collaborate.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be based in or around the North-West of the UK (or have good access to this location to be close to the CEO).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Follow-up with leads gained through our existing marketing, networking and sales activity
- Create lists of our ideal clients in tech and professional services and develop and manage the outreach approach for those clients
- Identify and research market opportunities
- Oversee growth projects, lead generation campaigns and outreach strategies
- Manage pipeline, make sales projections and revenue forecasts
- Comfortable socialising and networking to help the business build new fresh contacts in our target geographies and sectors – including events, conferences and networking meals where appropriate
- Building and expanding our existing network - engaging with agencies, brands, production companies and beyond, building a strong sales pipeline
- Devise sales collateral working with both internal and external stakeholders, working with our internal creative, operations and writing teams
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business development role – ideally for a small/medium sized agency
- The ability to build new contacts from scratch in our target sectors
- Ability to forge relationships with prospects and clients
- Demonstrable experience in reaching and exceeding sales targets
YOUR SUPER POWERS
- You delight in finding and developing new client relationships
- Exceptional communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Motivated self-starter
- Highly organized
- Level headed and articulate
- Understand client needs and propose an effective solution
- Experience or desire to work independently in a remote team
- Takes direction constructively and enjoys being part of a team
In return, we will provide:
- Good salary based on talent and experience
- Work from anywhere policy
- Employer pension
- 29 days holiday including your birthday off work!
- ½ day off work every month for ‘life admin’
- Option to participate in our cash-back healthcare and benefits program
- We’ll pay to send you to various conferences, events, and training days
- Regular company social events and outings
SALARY & BENEFITS
Compensation package is linked to agency growth – base salary plus commission on both proposals generated and successful sales conversion, with OTE in excess of £50k per annum.
You will be an important part of a growing agency that is looking to establish itself as a ‘go to’ provider of content repurposing to technology brands around the world. You’ll be part of a close-knit agency that puts its clients first at all times but one that also recognises and rewards the hard work and professionalism of its staff.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to progress from Business Development Manager to Business Development Director and build a team over the next 3-5 years, as the business scales.
Candidates must be based in the UK - preferably in the North-West. Reference checks will be conducted for successful candidates.